Monday, September 24, 2007

Substituting

Today I was the sub for the classroom I opened this year. The classroom's air conditioning has been fixed and oh what a difference! I was working with a small group and one third grader was checking out my elbow and said I had "old skin". I said "Yes, that's what happens when you get old." He replied with "but I don't want you to die." I assured him I wasn't THAT old. The kids all gave me hugs and told me they missed me. One student, actually I think it was the same one who asked about my old skin asked me if I had my birthday yet and I told him it was next month. What do you think that means?

4 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

I'm glad you had a good day substituting. Kids can be so sweet!

Dina said...

oH vONNIE, kids are soo cute. they can insult you and love you in the same sentence!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect example of why Art Linkletter said, "Kids say the darnest things!"

Beverly said...

kids are so honest but they can look right into a heart ...glad your heart is there with them..