Sunday, March 23, 2008

Natural or Not?




For the past 10 years (or so) I have been coloring my hair - or I should say I have paid to have it done. This past October I had an important birthday - the one where you become eligible for medicare. Anyway I decided to embrace my age and go natural. I honestly had no idea what it would look like. It is not as grey as I thought it might be, but I am having a hard time adjusting. The picture on the left was taken this month, the one on the right when we were in Hawaii last year. I love red hair and most people thought it was my natural color, but it was getting expensive and I really want to accept myself as I am - even though I know I need to lose weight - another subject for another day. I thought by putting the two hair colors side by side it might help me to accept it, but I'm not sure. OK, ladies what do you think? I say ladies because you know men just don't get it.

10 comments:

Candy said...

Personally I think you look great natural! You really don't have that much gray hair as far as I can tell from the photo. Of course this post really hits home with me. I would be totally gray if I quite dying my hair and yes, I pay to have it done. I justify it by not doing anything else - no manicures, no pedicures, no massages and no makeup to speak of. That and the fact that my son has asked me not to go natural until he at least graduates from high school keep me doing it. So having said that - follow your heart. What makes you feel the best? Go with it.

Greetings From Tucson said...

Hi Vonnie - you are beautiful just the way God made you!
Sandy

Beverly said...

you look beautiful..just beautiful

Vonnie said...

Ladies,
Thank you. Have you seen the new show about honesty?

Jeni McClue said...

I like it natural. It looks nice. The cut is really cute, too.

C D said...

I think you look great -- but if you still aren't sure... highlights man, highlights!! Or do a weave of color maybe??

Good talking to you the other day!!

x

Dina said...

Vonnie, the girls are right, of course you are beautiful no matter WHAT color your hair is. I will say that the red coloring DID look pretty on you. I am shamelessly afraid to admit I STOPPED going expensive hair places. and found one @ Walmart for $8.95. Now, this is not to brag but to show it works! I never got more compliments on my hair than I do NOW. with the CHEAP STUFF. Loreal 9 1/2 bb. ( for blondes...or should I say FAKE blondes.) I'm sure that they would have a red or brown that would look absolutley Perky on you!
But what the heck do I KNOW, I'm a beach bum in Hawaii...too much sun!!!

Lucas said...

I think you should go white. So many women now are embracing their white hair and it's so trendy and looks so awesome!

Lucas said...

Oh, and I moved! www.thepiecesofme.com

preacherman said...

I'm not a woman but I love it.
I hope all is going well.
You and your family are always in my prayers.
I hope you have blessed week.
Kinney Mabry