Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Lazy Day

I've just spent the last 2 hours reading blogs. I realized I needed to update. The first thing is that I would like to ask prayers for my son Tom Jr. We went to CA a couple of weeks ago for a family wedding which I should have posted about because it was special. Maybe the next post. Back to Tom Jr. He helped by carrying a TV from the mother of the groom's (my cousin) house to the car, to the wedding site, to the babysitting room. On our way home on Monday, the wedding had been on Saturday, he was miserable and I did almost all of the driving. On the way over I had only driven an hour and he drove the rest. He has been in bed with a backache most of the time since that trip. He did go with Tom to work at Camp Christian Echoes to help prepare for the retreat coming up in two weeks. Tom really needed him to drive which he did and I guess he did some physical work while he was there, so that didn't help.

BTW Randy Harris is going to be the speaker for the Palo Verde's Band of Brothers Men's Retreat. This is the second year Tom has been in charge and he loves all the organizing, but that is about all I hear about until it's over. I'm actually going with him today, when I get off the computer to fill in holes. When they were down there - about an hr and a half south of Tucson - they dug holes with the help of a man with a backhoe(I think that is what is was). They are awaiting trees that are going to be planted. Now they have found out the trees won't be delivered until May 1st (while we are at Pepperdine) and since the camp will be occupied the next three weekends we don't want anyone falling in a hole. So since I didn't go to help dig, I am going to help fill in.

Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion about my hair. So far I have only had one person tell me I should dye it back and that person dyes her hair red.I'm still adjusting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Vonnie -

I'm way late to chime in, but I like your hair better red. I think it looks great!

I'm not quite as old as you and I don't have nearly as much gray as you have, but I have kept my hair my natural color since I was in my 40s and still love it! It looks so natural that the guy who does my hair forgot that he kept it colored one day when I was in there for a haircut!

I've just always thought that a gal should try to stay young looking for as long as possible, you know? I mean, I've given up a lot of other things makeup and dress wise, I've always kept my hair looking "young" and it really makes me look a lot younger than I am, compared to my peers. If I were you, I'd definitely go back to red. It looks great on you!

I hope and pray your son is feeling better.

Drop by Finding Direction when you have time. I've been missing your comments, kiddo!

Much love,

Dee

Beverly said...

vonnie,
i will keep tom jr in my prayers..pray he recovers soon.

randy harris, cool..i know that will be powerful..

love you be good to yourself no matter what you decide about your hair color..ha

preacherman said...

You and your husband are constantly in my prayers and hope all is going well. I want you to know that I love your blog. Great post! I hope you have a wonderful and fun weekend.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry