Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tagged by Bobby Valentine

My friend and fellow blogger, Bobby V, has tagged me. He has asked that I divulge eight random facts, and meaningless!, about myself. So here goes ...

1. I was on the Art Linkletter Show when I was in 6th grade

2. I skipped the B-2 (We had semester classes in Los Angeles)

3. I wrote a letter to Ricky Nelson and invited him to a Sadie Hawkins dance when I was in 10th grade. He declined.

4. I was voted "Most Talkative" by my senior class.

5. I started teaching myself piano when I was in elementary school - on a neighbor's old - old piano. Later I took lessons and got my own piano - I have had 4 pianos - and I still don't play for anyone but myself - and kids.

6. I went to a party at Pat Boone's house (at the time he was renting Humphrey Bogart's home in Beverly Hills. I went with my Pepperdine College Sorority - Kappa Kappa

7. I used to Ice Skate and learned to do a "waltz jump" (for you non skaters that means I could jump about an inch off the ice)

8. I don't ice skate anymore since I fell just standing still on the ice 2 summers ago when I went with the youth group from church. I decided at that time that 62 was too old to be ice skating.

I tag Desert Diva, Beverly, Scott, Dina, Candy, and Tina

5 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

Wow - you certainly listed some items much more exciting than mine! Good for you! Thanks for participating!

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Great stuff ... Did you win the vote on most talkative after a recount, :-)

These were exciting ... now I have to google Art Linkletter though ...

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

Beverly said...

get out of town..you were on Art Linkletter..that is hilarious! okay, i got tagged will post list soon. I love you girl..you guys coming to Lectureship?

preacherman said...

Great post.
Very interesting.
God bless.

Laurie said...

Great list, Vonnie. Do you think others still would consider you talkative? I love the part about writing Ricky Nelson and asking him to the dance. You go!