Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update and Eagles

I haven't been reading blogs so much lately since I have found a web site that has me hooked. The web site is http://chil.vcoe.org/eagle_cam.htm My friend Sandy turned me onto this and if you are a nature lover at all I think you will enjoy it. The site explains it better than I could. When you go click on the Eagle Cam to see what I'm talking about. Let me know if you like it. I'm sorry I couldn't get add a link to work, so you'll have to type it in.

Tom Jr. began feeling better with his back but now has to have Oral surgery. He is going to have 3 wisdom teeth pulled (he already had one pulled several years ago) as well as two other molars, one top and bottom that match up. He is going to do all 5 on Friday, under general anesthetic. Say a prayer.

On another subject. Mike Cope had a post about Wed night Bible classes a few days ago and he ask people to comment on their feelings about attendance. I didn't comment but if I had I would have said that I really look forward to Wed. night - not just because Bobby Valentine is our teacher, but our six year old neighbor, Laura, loves to go with us. She and her brother and sister came to our VBS that we had over a weekend last summer, and has been coming ever since. Her brother and sister -both older come too but are not as regular as Laura. They go to the Catholic church on Sundays and all three were baptized there after they started coming with us. Laura says she likes our church better because we speak English. :) They go to a Spanish speaking church. Speaking of Wed night - I guess I better get ready to go. Check out that website!

10 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

By the way, it doesn't work at night because there are no lights out on the Channel Islands at night; however, it is even interesting at night because you can hear all the nature noise happening. The bald eagles are significant because they are being reintroduced to the Channel Islands. Vonnie, I'm glad you are enjoying it!
-Sandy

Greetings From Tucson said...

I guess I should have said it works, but you can't see anything because it is dark!
But you can hear all kinds of happenings in the night...
Sandy

Greetings From Tucson said...

Oh, and David had all his wisdom teeth out about 4 years ago - Tom Jr. will do fine I'm sure. He might be a little weird when he comes out of the anesthetic, and it will be a few days before he feels like eating, but he'll feel better long term. Make sure to follow the Dentist instructions for tea bags...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Vonnie -

I sure hope and pray that Tom Jr. is doing well from oral surgery.

Drop by Finding Direction when you have the time. I've missed you commenting all the time!

Much love,

Dee

Anonymous said...

Vonnie: this is a great site! I have it on the taskbar and "check-in" when I am on hold or waiting for another webpage to load. I also like the background sound.
Good Pick!

Candy said...

I couldn't get the one on the Channel Islands to come up. But here's another one from Virginia. http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.htmlLast year I was completely hooked on this thing. It made Geoff crazy. ha!

Beverly said...

hi vonnie...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Vonnie -

I've really been missing you, girl!

Cheers & Blessings to you all today!

Dee

preacherman said...

Vonnie,
Thank you for the update.
I want you to know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I will be checking in from time to time. God bless all you do and hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about TOm Jr! Hope he's better now.