Friday, January 09, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I haven't written on my blog since April of last year. I'm not sure why but I think it has to do with privacy and not being sure that I really want to share my thoughts or musings. I love reading blogs and I guess I want to be a part of this world again. So with that said here I go again.

Tom and I have made a commitment (not a resolution) to go the Y again and so far this week I have gone 4 times and Tom 3. This morning he was ready to go at 8:30 and I wasn't. I was ready by 10:30 and he wasn't so I went by myself. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and walked a mile and a half. I listened to Don McLaughlin's (North Atlanta Church of Christ) first sermon of the New Year on my IPod. I listened to Rick Atchley(Richland Hills Church of Christ) yesterday. Both were great lessons.

Of course the commitment that goes along with this is to eat more healthy and eat more meals at home. I have cooked more this week but we are easing into this more slowly.

I have also decided to keep track of the books I read this year. I got this quote from a book reviewer - Sir Francis Bacon's (1561 - 1626) creed, "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body". So far I have read two - "The Little Book" by Selden Edwards and "Between Sundays" by Karen Kingsbury. I got both of them from the library. Both of these authors were new to me. It took 30 years for Selden Edwards to write his book and it has to do with time travel and was interesting. Karen Kingsbury is a Christian writer and has written several books. It was an easy read and very predictable but it was a good story. The next book which I haven't started is called "Broken Paradise" by Cecilia Samartin. I'll let you know what I think.

3 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

Welcome back!
- Sandy

C D said...

*Big Smile* Yes, nice to be reading you again (since its like, the only contact I have with you!)

xx

Dina said...

Hi Vonnie!! Welcome back. I noticed I'm slowin down a bit too. Its been 2 years of blogging, and sometimes I just like to read others and not post. So you might be in HI in Feb? we'd love to see you guys. give me a shout!