Friday, June 09, 2006

Grandkids

I know many of you who read this post are not at this stage yet, but let me tell you it is wonderful to be a grandma - or grandpa. Right now my grandson from GA is sitting on my husband's lap in the big recliner, along with our 6 lb. Poodle, Murphy, watching Freaky Friday on the Disney channel. My husband is talking to our other son from CA who is on his way over after spending the last several days driving from El Centro, CA to Los Angeles, to Bakersfield, to Las Vegas, to St George, Utah, back to Vegas, to Yuma, AZ for a job he was doing. He is bringing his family, along with two more grandsons. They are just now leaving El Centro and will be here in another 6 hours. Everyone is here - and coming - to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday. We are going to see the new Disney movie, CARS, tomorrow afternoon and then tomorrow night we are having a party at Peter Piper Pizza with our family and friends from church. If you are in Tucson tomorrow, come join us. I'll be sure to let you know how our party goes - maybe even some pictures.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

hey vonnie..let me know how Cars is ...aww...have fun!!

Scott said...

I'll take your word for it. Being an uncle is ok, but even our dog is fixed, so we won't even have grandpuppies.

Greetings From Tucson said...

Happy Birthday again to Tom. It was wonderful to meet your kids! We hope you had a delightful weekend. Thanks for the pizza and cake!