Monday, June 19, 2006

Leavin on a Jet Plane

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go...

We leave tomorrow for Portland by way of Atlanta. Sometimes that's what you have to do when you fly standby. There are seats available this way. We will spend the night in Atlanta and then arrive in Portland on Wed. We are going for the 50th Celebration of Columbia Christian College, now Cascade. I am taking my computer so I don't have to stop blogging. My husband graduated from there in 1975 at the age of 34. I taught at the high school for three years and he taught there for six years. We miss the people from that area but we don't miss the weather, although I am really looking forward to 70 degree weather since it's been 107 here.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Have a great time in the North.

Am I to be grass-shack shopping for you two yet?

Vonnie said...

Scott,
Probably not yet - but it is still in the thinking stage

Beverly said...

I love Portland...spent 6 weeks living in Portland..went up to Mt. St. Helens a few times...amazing..Sam and I hiked up Multnomah Falls..

Greetings From Tucson said...

If Scott finds you a grass shack, please add an extra bedroom so we can come visit.
Have fun in Portland... go see Multnomah Falls; and, if you're really adventurous, take a drive west to Tillamook and tour the Tillamook Cheese Factory. They have the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches in their restaurant.