Thursday, May 24, 2007

Painting

I really hate painting. When we moved into our house 3 years ago we had the entry, living room and hall painted. I don't remember what we paid but it was worth it. It was done so quickly and we weren't disrupted for long. We have been painting our bedroom (ourselves) for at least a week. First we moved the bed out completely and got one wall painted. Then we moved the bed back in and didn't do anything else for a few days. Today we took down the ugly blinds that were here when we moved in. When I say we I mean Tom. I help a little. Then we had to stop to go to Loews for some spackling stuff and temporary blinds - which will probably be up at least a year. Maybe not. Of course we had to eat while we were out. Now I am tired from all that work :). So I thought I would write so I won't feel guilty about reading and not writing.

4 comments:

Beverly said...

I love to paint but man, towards the end, I am worn out! Way to go!

Candy said...

I love to paint too. My friend and I have nearly completely repainted the inside of my house. I love it! Wish I was there to help you two. We'd have it finished in no time.

Greetings From Tucson said...

We need to paint at our house too - what color did you pick for your bedroom?
I've been wondering what you've been up to - you've been awfully quiet....

Anonymous said...

Tom and I would rather move than paint! That's how much we both hate it.

That's one of the great things about building this house we're building - it all gets fixed and painted by someone else! And it's really looking great.

Dee