Tuesday, May 01, 2007

On the Road

We spent the night last night in Palm Springs on our way to Pepperdine. Before getting on the road we are resting to allow the morning traffic to die down. One stop we are planning to make is in Duarte (you've probably never heard of it) to eat lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We first ate at this restaurant in Portland, Oregon when we lived there from 75-82. Actually we lived in Portland the first three years and then moved across the river to Vancouver, WA. Several of these restaurants are in CA and we used to eat at the one in Newport Beach and Fullerton. There is only one restaurant in the state of Arizona and it is in Phoenix. While we were there for competition we made sure to indulge. BTW the prices are about $3.00 higher in AZ. Weird. Check out the menus from Duarte and Phoenix Both Tom and I always order the spaghetti with Mizithra cheese. It is so yummy and I have never seen it on the menu at any other Italian restaurant.

7 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

Blessings to you and a safe trip! Can;t wait to hear about the lectures!

Dina said...

Palm Springs is were my parents used to have a house! I love PS!! we sold the place when they passed away.

btw, there is a Old Spegetti factory here in Hawaii...now ya know. as far as I know it's still here....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a good trip and some good eats! Glad to hear it and hope you'll keep reporting.

Much love & . . .

Cheers & Blessings to you all today! Dee

Vonnie said...

Hi guys,
I'm at Pepperdine - last day. WE are having a great time - however i sprained my ankle the first day so I'm hoppling a little. Yesterday afternoon we took Pamella and the girls down to the beach and it was windy but laying (lying?) down on the sand felt great. I'll write more later.

Beverly said...

Vonnie, I am so jealous!!

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

so GREAT to meet you!!!

Beverly said...

happy mother's day..