Monday, January 12, 2009

Ramblings

Since I am back to writing I decided to update my links and somehow deleted all of them. When I figure it out I'll try to get them back on.
We just finished our Monday afternoon Life group and it was quite interesting. We were talking about what we wanted to study and decided on trying to follow up on Sunday's sermon. Yesterdays sermon was "who needs Palo Verde" (the name of our congregation) We then had an interesting discussion about changes in the church. I won't go into any detail but I think this discussion is going on in a lot of places and not just here. All I am going to say about that is I am glad I am a member at Palo Verde because I think this is going to be an exciting year both for our church family and for me personally. On Wed night we have a Ladies class that is studying Beth Moore's series on Esther. This is the first Beth Moore study I have been involved in and I must say I am really enjoying it. We watch a video on Wed night and then there is a follow up on Sunday mornings which I haven't attended since Bobby Valentine is teaching on "Discovering our Roots" a study of the Stone Campbell Movement, which is excellent so I don't want to miss that. The study of Esther is helping me to look at my life and think about what God's purpose for me might be. I know he doesn't want me just sitting around and reading blogs although since I am retired I do that a lot.

No comments: