Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Martin Luther

Recently I rented the movie Luther. It starred Joseph Fiennes. Someone recommended it to me a couple of years ago and I just got around to seeing it. I grew up believing that there was always a group who worshipped just like we do - the true church - that came down from AD 33. My grandmother taught me this and it was reinforced by many people I knew. Therefore, anyone who disagreed with that wasn't really a Christian, and I really didn't need to know about people who weren't part of the true church. I am not knocking my heritage, I am grateful for my grandparents who taught me about Jesus. What I am trying to say is that is very refreshing and freeing to believe that God worked in people's lives through the ages. I cried at the end of the movie thinking about the bravery of Martin Luther who lived in a time when questioning of "the church" could mean death. If you have never seen this movie I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I was studying Martin Luther in college when this movie came out.
Okay..my main motivation going was Joseph Fiennes....but seriously I loved it..so cool that it started out with the storm..amazing that one man would stand against the catholic church..what makes a man like that..I told everyone to go see it..

Scott said...

I haven't seen this yet - adding to my netflix cue presently

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my 24 hour fitness + discounts site.
Have a great day!