Monday, May 01, 2006

Retirement Part Two

I set my alarm once a week - Sunday. I also set it if I have to get up early to leave on a trip. Otherwise I get up when I feel like it. Every June the teacher's association I belonged to had a retirement tea for the new retirees - both teachers and administrators. One year I was even the retirement chairperson - looking forward to mine. Anyway, part of the program was introducing each retiree and reading something about them. Almost everyone mentioned that they were looking forward to not getting up to an alarm. If you are a morning person you may not understand this. I don't thing I am a morning person, or a night person, I just don't like schedules and I lived with them for 34 years of teaching. This part of retirement is great!

1 comment:

Greetings From Tucson said...

I used to wake up before the alarm and wallow in that place after sleep and before being awake - which I sometimes still get to do - but most of the time now I am subject to the canine alarm that goes off between 6 and 6:30AM, demanding to be fed. Unfortunatley, it doesn't have a snooze button. : - (