Sunday, May 07, 2006

Second place is great

Back from our competition and we came in second. Usually people want first place, but we knew we were up against an international winner - Harborlites from Anaheim, CA. This is the chorus I used to belong to and even was with them when they won first place in the region but I moved to Tucson before they competed Internationally and won their gold medals. Yes, they won this competition and will be competing in Calgary, Canada in 2007. Anyway our chorus' goal was to score at least 600 points and we got 601. Hooray. We also hoped to come in second place and we did it.I got home about 10:30 last night and was up early for church. I am getting ready for a nap, but had to share my news Oh and I guess I will read a few blogs before closing my eyes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just read your very kind comment on your blog. We go to second service at North Atlanta. Who's your son? If he goes to North Atlanta, it's possible we've crossed paths.

Anonymous said...

BTW, after hearing some of Don's comments about the type of student he was in school, I can only say, "God bless you for your courage!" :-)

We are enormously blessed to have him as our minister. Recently I went down front after we got our Medicaid back; I wrote on a sheet of paper, "We won!" and his eyes got real big and he said, "That's awesome!"

Scott said...

Congratulations. And really - who wants the trip to Calgary? Win when the International is someplace really cool, like Japan or something.

(I'm just teasing here - I LOVE Canada)

Vonnie said...

Hey, it's cool to get comments on my blog.

Tina,
My son is worshipping at a Baptist church with his wife in Lithia Springs. My grandson goes to Colonial Hills Christian School and they go to Colonial Hills Baptist Church

Greetings From Tucson said...

Congrats on such a wonderful finish! Excepting the $21 breakfast, it sounds like you had a great time!