Monday, August 28, 2006

I knew I shouldn't wash Dishes

I only had a few dishes to wash up before our afteroon LIFE group was due. I planned to mop the kitchen floor after that. Somehow a glass slipped out of my hand and I ended up with a nasty slash on my little finger - right hand. I screamed - of course and both husband and son came to my rescue. They got the bleeding stopped, poured hydrogen peroxide on it and bandaged it - so tight the end of my finger was turning purple. I loosened the bandage, expecting blood to gush everywhere - it didn't, but boy did it throb. I got to the recliner and began barking orders. "Bring me some prescription ibuprofen - two please" Actually my first words were I need a morphine drip. I've never had one, but my husband did when he had a blood clot and he seemed to like it. If you haven't noticed from my comments I don't do well with pain. My son vacuumed the living room, but my floor didn't get mopped.

My pills kicked in and I made it through our group time. It was then time to pick up Murphy, our 6 lb poodle from the vet after his annual teeth cleaning and physical exam. He has to be put under for that, so he is still a little groggy. Of course with my major injury I couldn't possibly cook, so we went to Texas Road House where I comforted myself with a filet, medium rare, and a baked potato, with butter AND sour cream. I am feeling better now. Murphy and I are sitting in the recliner, writing about our adventures for the day. I love my Mac iBook. Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

Wow - two men waiting on you, taking you out to dinner, and a computer in your lap... sounds envious. Watch out for that laptop battery! Hope your finger is better soon; wait, how do you type with a hurt finger?

Vonnie said...

I can't type normally because I usually have the laptop on my chest. I hope I don't get some mysterious disease through the bottom of the computer. When it gets too warm I just lift it up for a few seconds - like I need to do now.