Sunday, December 03, 2006

And the Preacher is.....

It is official. The new preacher is Bobby Valentine. Tom and I went and looked at a couple of houses this afternoon that they are considering to rent. I have my preference, but we'll see what Pamella decides. I had been reading Bobby's blog for sometime and when I heard he was coming to try out I was so excited. My very own blogging preacher. I believe he has so much to offer our congregation. We have been without a pulpit minister since June and we love it when Clay Utley, our youth minister preaches, but he hasn't preached every week. He is happy being the youth minister. We are fortunate to have heard some excellent men from our own congregation - some of our elders, plus we have two chaplains who are stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. One of them is in Iraq right now and due back next month. But there is nothing like a full time pulpit minister. Welcome Bobby, Pamella, Rachael and Talya.

12 comments:

Dina said...

I'm glad for you...you know WHO I thought it was going to be???? SCOTT!!! I was trying to be detective and wonder why he closed his blog & you were getting a new preacher..I was somehow hoping for it to go like that??!!!

enjoy

Vonnie said...

Dina,
I think that would have been neat - I am so curious about his closing his blog. I tried to start a rumour that he was moving to Abilene, but it didn't get very far. I guess he will let us know when he's ready.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! Hey, when you say Clay Utley, is he kinned to Jay Utley? When I was a kid going to "Celebration" in Kentucky, I heard a man speak name Jay Utley, and I remember his sermon being very moving...

Vonnie said...

Nancy,
I don't know but I'll ask him

Anonymous said...

It sounds like one of those things, how people name their kids in a certain, meaningful way... Like, all starting with "R's" or all rhyming or something...

Just curious... Jay Utley was CoC too...

Beverly said...

Okay..who the heck is Bobby Valentine..I thought it might be Scott too!!

Vonnie said...

Beverly,
Check out Bobby's blog. I have it underlined on my post.

Anonymous said...

good 'ol Bobby Valentine...

Beverly said...

Wait a minute..didn't he manage the Texas Rangers?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Vonnie said...

Nancy and Greg,
I checked with Clay last night and he says he has been asked that before and he isn't as far as he knows.

Nancy,
I just received your book - I am going to start it right now.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!