Saturday, December 09, 2006

I Am Tired

This has been a busy week. I had a treadmill stress test - and did fine. Tom had two different doctor appointments and he has to have an MRA next Tuesday. He has had an aneurism in the abdominal area for some while and they said it hadn't grown (they had checked that last month, but they want him to have the MRA to check the aorta something and then he might have to have surgery. So please keep him in your prayers. I substituted two days last week, for a third grade class and for the librarian. I also sang twice with some of my chorus. Since we have so many performances around Christmas usually about 20-25 sing at one time - instead of the 75 member chorus. This morning we went to a funeral for the mother of one of our friends from church and then to Famous Daves BBQ after with another couple from church. Then we went by a rehab center to visit another member from church. He is 90 and fell and broke his hip last week. His name is Jack and he and his wife, June can also use your prayers. Now I am going to take a nap but I was told by my friend, Sandy that I needed to post on my blog. If you haven't read Sandy you should check it out. She is a much better writer than I. Night night

5 comments:

Candy said...

Rest up girl. You really have had a busy week. Praying Tom is healthy and well and that no surgery will be required.

Beverly said...

shhh..go to sleep sweet lady..we love you!

Dina said...

thanks vonnie, I've been missing your writing too. you guys will be in our prayers!

Greetings From Tucson said...

Hi Vonnie,
Thanks for compliment on my writing - you are too sweet. We enjoyed our lunch at Famous Dave's even though we all were saddened by the funeral. It is so much peaceful to go to a funeral knowing that the loss is only temporary. "This world is not my home, I'm just passing through..."

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

I am so glad to hear they have a Famous Daves in Tucson. I was worried about BBQ there but you have put my fears to rest, :-)

Love the new colors too.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine