Monday, November 13, 2006

Greetings from California

Well, we took a little detour coming home from Atlanta. We fly standby and the seats to Tucson were full, but there were seats on the flight to Orange County, so here we are. Our son is driving up from Imperial where he has been working since last Wed and we will drive back to Tucson this afternoon. When we were leaving Atlanta going to Savannah last Tuesday night there were seats on a Delta flight to Paris and if I had had my passport we could have been in Paris. I lost it when we went to Mexico City a year ago in March. I didn't lose it in Mexico but in the taxi in Tucson. I never got a new one but I have the paper work at home and first thing tomorrow I am going to get that filled out and mailed in.

I got some good pictures in GA, but I forgot to bring my USB attachment for the computer so you will have to wait until I get home to see some of those. I will write more about our trip when I have the pictures.

Now for the exciting news. A fellow blogger will be preaching at Palo Verde Church of Christ this Sunday. We hope he will be the minister that we have been praying for. I will just say it is not Scott - nor Mike Cope, but there a lot of other ministers out there who blog, so its your guess. Please pray for us.

6 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

We missed you while you were gone! I have read the blogger's posts and am looking forward to hearing him on Sunday.
Tell Tom to check the schedule for Saturday's activities.
See you Wednesday! : - )

Dina said...

Prayers out to you!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Vonnie,

Thanks for dropping by my blog. It is a great honor to have you but I don't know how a Stoned-Campbell could be too scholarly for you, :-)

I noticed on your profile you like restoration history so we have lots in common already.

I did a quick survey through your archives and found some fascinating stuff.

My prayers are with you and the visiting preacher.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

Anonymous said...

hope it all goes well. just spent 10 days in Atlanta myself lately. great weather...

Candle (C & L) said...

Vonnie - Got here via your comment on Bobby's blog -- I'll be back when I have more time to read your stories. Soundslike you are in a preacher search -so are we -- if you see a good one that doesn't fit in your situation send themour way. (Canada)

God Bless
Charlie

Vonnie said...

We met our prospective preacher tonight. We had three different opportunities to meet in small groups. I don't even have to hear him preach to know I hope he is the one.