Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lost and Found

I thought I had left my Bible at church last Wed night. I looked for it Sunday, but no, it was not there. I wasn't too worried because I misplace things frequently. Last night I got a phone call from a lady who had found my Bible in the parking lot at IHOP - I guess on Wed night since we went there after church. Anyway she had turned it in and then when she was there yesterday she saw no one had claimed it. I did not have my phone number in it but my name was on the outside. She looked me up in the phone book and called to tell me where it was. We just got back from picking it up. She told me her name but I couldn't understand her. What a nice lady.

3 comments:

Scott said...

That's awesome.

I had a friend who got her car stolen. Her Bible (with over thirty years of notes and scribbles in it) was in the car as well. She was just SICK - not about her Cadillac, but about her Bible.

And when they recovered her car - no Bible. Talk about irony ;-)

Greetings From Tucson said...

We've actually had a Bible stolen from our car. We figured they were searching and needed to hear God's word.

Beverly said...

yes, what a nice lady...I love people when they do something like that..