Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday Reflections

We just got home from our LIFE group. We were meeting at our house, now we are meeting at someone else's house, but we are still the leaders. We will still have our Monday afternoon group here.

Our youth minister, Clay Utley, spoke this morning and he gave a good lesson. He told us to sell our big SUV's and big trucks and buy small SUV's and small trucks. We have part of it right. We have a small Ford Ranger pick-up that we bought after we came to Tucson and we sold our F150. We did have a Nissan Maxima and now we have a Toyota Sienna. I know there was more to the lesson, but that was the part that stuck with me. I also caught myself yawning while singing, "The joy of the Lord will be my strength" I guess I am still catching up from our trip.

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to report. Just letting you know I am still here. Even when I am not wrting I usually do not miss a day from reading others' blogs. Some of you are going through some heavy stuff right now and my prayers are with you.

3 comments:

Scott said...

And then some of us live in Hawaii, and have coffe and meusli for breakfast whenever we want. Come to think of it, I may head down there right now.

Greetings From Tucson said...

The thought that stuck with me regarding Clay's sermon was the point that lots of people throughout history have proceeded down a path thinking, or claiming, that they were fulfilling God's plan. What a scary, sobering thought! To be pursuing a path thinking you are fulfilling God's will, only to look back and see that it was only selfish ambition that rationalized the action of men.
Clay did a great job on short notice.

Vonnie said...

Scott,
Yes, I agree you have a rough life

Sandy,
Be sure to read Scott's post on God's will and I agree Clay did an outstanding job. I wish he would consider the pulpit minister's job, but he says he is happy where he is.