Saturday, January 20, 2007

Another Day in Paradise

When we woke up this morning it was raining - not hard and NOT cold. That was fine because I did a couple of loads of washing. This hotel Waikiki Sand Villa is a great place to stay. It is not fancy, but reasonably priced and close enough to walk to the beach. It has a hospitality room so even though check out is at 11:00 AM you can check your bags and take a shower before you leave, if you go to the beach. We don't leave until 11:30 PM tomorrow night so we plan to take advantage of that. We plan to check out before we go to church in the morning and I am not sure what we will do after that but I am sure we will not be sitting in the Hospitality room.

After washing a couple of loads of dirty clothes in the hotel laundry this morning the sun came out and we got on our bathing suits and we were off to the beach. We were meeting Dina and Tiki but first we stopped to have lunch at Duke's at the Outrigger Hotel. After lunch we settled in our spot on the beach and waited for Dina and Tiki. I had already been in the water when they got there but we went in again. Dina arranged for us to go on an hour long boat ride on a catamaran. She knows the captain. Thursday she introduced me to a lifeguard and she ran into someone else she knew today. She is one popular girl - and no wonder, she is so sweet. They didn't go on the boat with us because she had to get ready to to a party tonight. Tom and I volunteered to babysit Tiki (we're in love with her) but Tiki was getting to go to the party. Besides I think Dina thought Tiki might be too much for us - and after we were through with our boat ride I think she may have been right. We are about rested up and we are getting ready to go eat - maybe at Denny's - we are craving some bacon and eggs.

This is not the catamaran we were on but ours looked like this. The water was an amazing blue violet when we got out from the shore.



Me pretending to sail




Captain Kevin




This is me about 4:30 - after our boat ride

9 comments:

C D said...

How fabulous for you guys to have this super cool trip!!!! So glad you're having a great time!

Miss you!
x Carrie

Cole said...

Duke's is my #1 favorite restaurant in all the world. I'm glad you snagged lunch there.

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

You look like your having a great time in Hawaii. Tom thanks for the phone call the other day to rub it in, :-)

Vonnie none of those shirtless guys look like Tom!!! :-)

Have fun. Be safe.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

Beverly said...

I am loving vicariously enjoying this vacation with you two. I grew up around the gulf coast and I love the ocean..it calms me..I would love to be on that catamaran laying out looking at the sky and the ocean...

Greetings From Tucson said...

The boat looks like a blast! How nice for Dina to introduce you! It is currently raining and 49 here - Sunday at 4 PM. Welcome back...

Dina said...

I love the pictures!!! the boat ride was ok??!!! was Captain Kevyn talking? (sometimes he so tired of the heat & 27 years of it sounds great to us but he's over it)

Vonnie said...

Sitting in the airport in Honolulu. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when we get home. Our son called us tonight to tell us it was snowing in Tucson, Bobby, did you bring the snow from Milwaukie?

Anonymous said...

What a trip! Love the pictures!

Candy said...

Have I mentioned how jealous I am that you've met Dina and Tiki?? They look and sound delightful online - and I'm sure that does them no justice whatsoever. What a great trip you've had! Thanks for sharing it with us.