Thursday, January 18, 2007

We are having a wonderful time in Hawaii. It is so relaxing and the weather is perfect. We rented a car and yesterday we went to Walmart and had lunch. Instead of a McDonald's when you walk in the door there is L&L Hawaiian Barbeque. We had a typical Hawaiian plate lunch. It was good but today's lunch was more special because we ate with Scott. We had driven around yesterday before going to Walmart to make sure we could find Scott's church at night. I know it's not Scott's church it is actually Honolulu Church of Christ. We saw Scott and then we went back last night for Bible Study. He is a good teacher. Today he picked us up at our hotel and took us the Oceanarium Restaurant at the Pacific Beach Hotel. We sat right next to the huge aquarium and watched the diver feed the fish. Here is a picture of Tom and Scott. They were engrossed in conversation and didn't know I was taking their picture. Scott isn't really picking his nose. It is just the camera angle. Sorry Scott.




Tom and I on Waikiki Beach - waiting for Dina and Tiki


Dina and Tiki joined us at Waikiki Beach - Scott had to go back to work - poor Scott.


Tiki the "Sand Monster".
Dina, Tiki and I went in the water and Tom soaked up the rays. Tom did take a picture of us in the water but I'm not showing you that one. We are hoping to go the beach again on Saturday with Dina and Tiki and maybe go on a boat ride.


After the beach Tom and I cleaned up and ate at a Mexican restaurant within walking distance of our hotel - the beach is also within walking distance. It was very good but not as cheap as our meal in Nogales, Mexico last Saturday. But did I tell you the weather is wonderful? Tomorrow we are driving to the North Shore and to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Oh yeah and the weather is wonderful!!

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

Vonnie,
I love Hawaii--and L&L is one of our fav plates lunches! Yumm!
I am in Texas and weather here is crummy.
Enjoy your time there. Aren't the beaches (and most everything else) just beautiful?
Did I mention the weather here is crummy?
Blessings!

Greetings From Tucson said...

The weather is wonderful! Yes! You and Tom look so cute on the beach! Love your pictures, but wish you were here on Saturday for the day-long event.
Eat some pineapple ice cream in a waffle cone for me... and watch out for those scary Koi fish in the pond at the plantation.

Scott said...

HAHAHAHA - Vonnie, it's nice of you to tell folks I wasn't picking my nose.

Too bad about missing Dina and Tiki with you guys. Looks like you all had fun!

Cole said...

Vonnie, you're right; Scott is a great teacher. I love going to Honolulu coC

Dina said...

Vonnie nice pictures!! sorry I missed the lunch. It was great meeting up with you and Tom...see ya saturday!!