Friday, January 12, 2007

Here Comes the Family

As I write this post my son, daughter-in-law and grandson are flying here from Atlanta. We will pick them up at the airport in about three hours. I got the room they are sleeping in all ready but now I have some stuff in my room I have got to put away.

Tom and Tom Jr helped Bobby move 53 boxes of books to the church office this afternoon. Their furniture arrived today from Milwaukee - but the moving company wouldn't take the books to church. I understand he purged before he left. How can one person have 53 boxes of books? Do you supposed he has read ALL those books?

Tomorrow we are thinking of driving to Nogales, Mexico. It's not that far - about an hour or an hour and a half. We've never been since we moved here three years ago so I am looking forward to it. The weather isn't cooperating though. Two days ago Tucson was the warmest place in the nation (continenatal US). It was 75, but it is turning colder and I think tomorrow's high is supposed to be in the 50's. Brr.

2 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

I haven't been to Nogales since David and I first started dating... and we've been married 26 years. I hope you have fun! Stop off in Tubac on your way there or back as it is fun too. 53 boxes of books!! Wow! That is a lot of books.

Dina said...

vonnie you don't have or read 53 boxes of books???

oh my! I don't think Ive even READ 53 books!!! thats ALOT OF BOOKS!!

Hope you get to make it on your trip for the day...although it would change things if it was warm and now cold.

have a great time