Monday, October 16, 2006

And the winner is...

The chorus contest was wonderful - even watching it on the webcast. The International champions for 2006 is the Richtones Chorus from Richardson, TX. Because lightening hit a tower in Las Vegas several choruses were not able to be seen, although you could still hear them on the live webcast. So if you go here you can see and hear the winning performance. They were incredible! I am begging you to listen - esecially Scott. You can actually understand the words. The archived performance is even better than when I watched the live webcast. It is clearer. So you Texans can be proud of another thing. BTW the winning quartet is SALT. They were also incredible. Please go listen to the chorus.

3 comments:

Dina said...

vonnie- I tried to listen to it, I couldnt get it to work!! Scott, were you able to hear it??!!

Greetings From Tucson said...

I got the Rich-Tones link to work, but had to wait 32 seconds before the announcer came onstage to announce them, and it seemed like it wouldn't work. I couldn't get the link labeled 'here' to work, and don't read German, so I wasn't sure on SALT - but their webpage did load.
How much do you think the Rich-Tones costumes cost?

Vonnie said...

Dina and Sandy,
They all work on mine. The here link is the sweet adelines international web page. It is www.sweetadelinesintl.org - then go to Las Vegas Convention. Costumes usually run anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on if the chorus pays for the costume. When I first joined my aunt used to make mine but most of the time a seamstress will make all the costumes for the chorus.