Wednesday, October 11, 2006

International Competition for Sweet Adelines

This year's International competition for Sweet Adelines is being held in Las Vegas. In order to compete at the international level a chorus, or a quartet must win first place in their respective regions. My chorus, Tucson Desert Harmony, came in second in the spring regional competition and the first place winners, which was Harborlites, from CA (my former chrous) came in first. They will be competing next year in Calgary, Canada. I just finished listening to the webcast of the semi-final quartet competition. You can hear Thursday's semi-final chorus, or the finals for quartets on Friday or finals for choruses on Saturday. You just need to go here and check it out. If you have never heard Women's Barbershop I think you will enjoy it. The times are on the website as well as order of appearance.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

you go girl...la la la la la

Vonnie said...

Good for you for finding the site even though I had put it in wrong. I have fixed it now. It has only taken me 8 months to figure out how to add a link.