Friday, October 13, 2006

Pay Day

Yea, I got my three days sub pay today. It goes to my checking account automatically and so after checking my bank account online I feel a little richer. I was going to buy an i-pod with the extra money, then I thought about putting it toward a dishwasher and now that it is in the bank I will probably be spending it on groceries and eating out. I didn't work any this week but I have agreed to three differrent dates in Oct and Nov.

I listened to the webcast of the Sweet Adelines International Competition all day yesterday - from 10:45 AM until 8:30 PM when they announced the top ten choruses that will be in the finals on Saturday. They don't tell you what place you are in going into the finals, they just draw for placement. The San Diego chorus, which is representing our region will be in the finals. There are some really great choruses so if you possibly can tune in on Saturday do it. The link is here Now that I have figured out how to link things here is another great link my chorus We have our show coming up this month and you can see our great flyer as well as click on our competition songs from last regional contest. Today's quartet finals start at 12:00. Our directors quartet, SPARX, came in 14th place, not enough for the top ten but if a quartet scores in the top 15 they can compete at the next international without having to compete in their region competition again. The quartet, XTREME, will be competing today and the members of that quartet are from my former chorus in CA, Harborlites. Pam, the lead, is the director and she has won with a former quartet called PANACHE. I will be rooting for them today.

1 comment:

Greetings From Tucson said...

I hope your favorite chorus wins!