Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saturday

I am sitting outside on my patio in this great weather. I just finished balancing my checkbook, or rather making sure I have written down all my checks and ATM withdrawals. The bank had $201 more than me, and I found a $100 sub error, in my favor, but I can't find the other $100. I don't add it in to my checkbook I just note it, then usually it works itself out eventually.I am such a great accountant. At least there is money in the account. YEA!

Acappella is performing this afternoon at our church. I am looking forward to that. Our show is one week from today and this morning as I was going over my music I found a couple of mistakes I have been making. It is so hard to unlearn wrong notes. I think I will be glad when the show is over. We have several smaller performances between now and Christmas, but they shouldn't be as stressful as this show has been. I don't know why I get stressed - I have been doing this (singing with Sweet Adelines) for over 20 years. I have taken a couple of breaks over this time period. I am afraid if I take another break I won't go back, so I will keep singing a while longer.

3 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

Vonnie - you said: "It is so hard to unlearn wrong notes." Is that because you've gotten into a bad habit of singing them incorrectly?

Vonnie said...

Sandy,
Touche

Scott said...

Still reading you daily, sistah! Just not commenting. Love you bunches.