Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Birthdays

October 26th is a special day. It's my birthday. Tom has been treating me all week and I'm not sure what we are doing tomorrow, but he's been leaving me notes with #'s on them and telling me to choose. So far I've picked #'s 1,2 and 4. We have eaten at three of my favorite restaurants so far, Claim Jumper, Red Lobster - where I had jumbo shrimp cocktail, and On the Border. I am hoping a movie is part of tomorrow's plans. Tom only goes to the movies on special occasions, where I could go every week - and sometimes do. I think I've mentioned my age before but since some of you may have missed it - I will be 64. I am not sure how that happened, I don't feel 64. The only age I remember not wanting to be was 30. I was in graduate school at Chapman College (now University) and most of the students were going straight through so they were younger than me. So at 29 I was the "old" one. Now I am proud to be my age and would not want to be 29 again. so, was there an age you didn't want to be and/or do you tell your age? Now if we were talking weight - that's totally different.

5 comments:

Greetings From Tucson said...

I hope you're having a simply wonderful day!
I don't feel any older than I did at 21 - perhaps a little wiser? (I hope!)
I wish you many blessings through out this year! Sandy

Beverly said...

Happy birthday to my beautiful precious friend!!! I love you and thanks for your encouraging emails!!

Dina said...

Happy Birthday!! sorry,I wrote so late ( fri nite ) I've been busy, i have missed a few days...it sounds sooo fun to have your b-day picking #s...tell us ALL ABOUT IT!!

Dina

P.s. I went to Claim jumpers for the first time in California...I LOVED IT!!! We need one in Hawaii!!

C D said...

Happy Birthday - meant to call you today ~ was supposed to be down at the Fox but was a little late, and couldn't get in, and wasn't sure on where I should pound in order to be let in... see you Saturday!!

Scott said...

Oooooooh Vonnie - Sorry to post this so late. Happy belated birthday. I'm GLAD you're 64 - and I love the heck out of you.

I've enjoyed every age I've been so far. Except 16 - that was TERRIBLE!!!