Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Still Exercising

We just got back from the Y and I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes, did 5 minutes on the elliptical machine and lifted 10,000 pounds in weights. That sounds like a lot of weight but that its ten machines going around twice. I was on one machine that works on your outer thigh muscles and the lady who got up had her weights set for 162.5 pounds. I asked her if that was how much weight she did and she replied, yes, two sets of 20. I promptly changed the weight for me - 37.5 pounds and I did one set of 10. She of course was younger than me and a lot thinner. We feel so much better when we go and because both Tom and I go we hold each other accountable.

2 comments:

Dina said...

I ALWAYS say "I'm going to do SOMETHING TODAY"...and I never do...good for you! You inspire me!

Beverly said...

way to go..yeah I tried to do one of those elliptical thingys at a hotel gym and never was sure I was doing it right..!